maandag 17 maart 2014

altered book

One of the assingnments of the art academy was making or altering a book. I chose a rather thick thriller to work with. I started with putting blue and green paint on some pages and smearing it all over the book. Because I wanted to fade the colours a bit I held the book under the tap. It absorbed the water enourmously and swelled.
After drying it for weeks it was totally deformed. The head and the tail looked like wings to me. I painted front and back black and wrapped rope around it.

One of the

vrijdag 14 maart 2014

update 'Tilleke Schwartz' embroidery

Some details of my work in progress. Because of my monthly crafty ladies club I'm making progress indeed. (Although a lot of talking is included these evenings also :-).)

dinsdag 11 maart 2014

spring greeting

I've made a little card for some friends with a poem (I'm sorry that it's only in Dutch.) and a print of a (home made eraser-) stamp of a crocus.
It seemed appropriate for the lovely weather we're having at the moment.