Two years ago I made this 'field of bulbs' from plaster and kept it as it was, white. A few weeks ago I decided to spray paint them. I like that the rigidity of the pattern is disrupted by the empty spaces.
vrijdag 23 december 2016
woensdag 21 december 2016
I transferred the photo with gel medium and painted the shadow black with paint and placed a whiter copy of the girl in front of it. This was an exercise to see if the stronger contrast would make the image as a total stronger. My colleagues at the art academy didn't think so.
This was the original.
dinsdag 20 december 2016
At the DIY Textileschool we had a lesson from Marianne Kemp, a weaver. She works a lot with horse hair. In my stash I also had a kind of interesting rigid fibre in green and purple. I combined it with two shades of green cotton thread. It's a very time consuming activity and not my favourite. (And I had only half the number of nails on my home made loom in comparison with the looms other people had.)